Meet Our Team
Chris Berens - Vice President, Trust Officer
With over 25 years of experience in the trust and financial industries, Chris is involved in the management and day-to-day operations of Horicon Bank Trust Administration services, including direct client contact. Prior to entering the trust industry, Chris worked at the Board of Trade in Chicago as a balancer of positions and money in the futures industry.
Chris' background in trust administration, trust operations, ERISA retirement plans and business development is important as Chris provides administration services and solutions to indivudals and families as they look to design their estate plans. In addition to his extensive efforts in Wisconsin, Chris looks forward to continuing his strong relationships by offering trust services throughout the Midwest.
Chris is well known for his commitment to service along with his comments about the trust industry being an "integrity business." Chris enjoys working wtih families to discuss how corporate trustees can provide solutions for their loved ones. Like Chris often says: "Impartial corporate trustees preserve enjoyable holiday moments for families and help them avoid friction that could arise from having to make dificult trust distribution decisions."
- Advisory Council Member Family Services of Waukesha
- Past President, The Volunteer Center of Waukesha County
- Former Executive Committee Member, United Way in Waukesha County
- BBA, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (cum laude)
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (trademark) - Center for Fiduciary Studies
- Cannon Financial Institute and American Bankers Association - Trust Schools and continuing education programs
Tom Piette - Vice President / Trust Counsel
With over 25 years of legal experience, Tom is involved in the oversight of all trust adminstration activites for Horicon Bank Trust Administration.
Tom brings broad experience from his background as a practicing attorney involved in the handling of complex legal issues and drafting, interpreting and reviewing various legal documents on behalf of his clients. Tom has represented clients before state and federal trial and appellate courts and mediation and arbitration panels.
Memberships, Admissions and Associations
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Past School Board Vice President, Waukesha Catholic School System
- Former Finance Committee Member, Waukesha Catholic School System
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Juris Doctor
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Bachelor of Sciene in Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude, Major in Finance